Friday, July 29, 2011

Betrayal of Trust by J. A. Jance

I have been reading J. A. Jance for many years. I started reading her J. P. Beaumont series. Then I read her Joanna Brady series and now her Ali Reynolds series. I like all three. This book is the latest in the J. P. Beaumont series. I enjoyed it. I can see the growth of the writer through this series. Also J. P. has gone through a lot of personal growth and I like that. I like him much better now than in his earlier novels.

A video is discovered with a snuff film. At first it seems to be a childish game. Then the girl ends up dead. It was on the phone of the Washington State governor's grandson. The boy has a troubled past and swears he's never seen the girl before.

J. P. Beaumont and his partner (and wife) Mel Soames begin investigating. They follow the path of corruption to its end, hopefully before more innocent young lives are lost.

I thought the author did a great job with such a tough subject, especially with minors involved. She got across the seriousness of everything without having to be morbid or go into too many details. I found it hard to put this book down, as I do with most of her books. It will keep you wanting to find out who did it. I did not guess the perpetrators before they were uncovered.

I highly recommend this book and all three of her mystery series.

Dawn Dowdle

No comments:

Post a Comment